Saturday, May 10, 2008

Day 4

There seemed to be 3 or 4 of us who were pretty close together at the back of the pack. I try to run my own race and not be influenced by those close to me on the scoreboard. I am sure that a couple of them were looking at me though. This was the last day that the 10 day runners would have before the 6 day runners joined us. Some of the 6 day runners were coming out during the day and setting out their tents and such. Asprihanal Aalto a favourite in the race and a friend of mine, told me that he had woken up with a fever that morning and had decided to not run the race.
Instead of having to deal with foot problems as I usually do on day 4, the ones that I got in the first 2 days seemed to be getting better. I was settling into a comfortable routine and enjoying the experience of once again being in a multi day race in Flushing Meadow Park. I improved my daily mileage slightly to 43 for the 4 th day, giving me a 4 day total of 190 miles, again below the pace I had planned, but still decent .
The 6 day race got underway just as I took my lunch and went for my break.

No comments: