Saturday, March 14, 2009

A strange feeling

I felt strange before the 1 mile race this morning, The temperature was just above freezing, but with bright sunshine. The feeling I had was almost like nerves, but there was no reason for me to feel that way. Anyway as soon as the race started it was gone. In the early part of the race I had no idea of how fast I was running and at the 1 mile split my time was 7:47, which I think is 2 seconds slower than last week. In the second mile I felt much better and tried to maintain my pace. Everything was good and I felt like I was pressing through to the end of the race. I finished with a time of 15:24, which means my second mile was 7:37. So all in all an 18 second improvement on last week.
When I was running over to the start of the race my shoes felt very comfortable on my feet. I now from my multi day experience that some days shoes can feel good and other days not so. It is my feeling that when the shoes feel good the body is quite balanced, usually that results in a good run.