Friday, January 4, 2008

Across The Years

Tony Mangan, who I met for the first time in Quebec last summer, just recently won the Across The Years 72 hour race. He finished with a total of 273.7 miles, which of course is an average of 91 miles a day, pretty impressive. The first woman was Martina Hausman, fast becoming a German legend. Her total was 233.5 miles. I have been lucky enough to run in a few races with her in New York. My old friend Ray K drove from his home in South Carolina, taking 50 hours, then ran 200.3 miles, then drove another 46 hours back. Which I think shows you the kind of dedication some Ultra runners can have. He had nothing but praise for the organizers of the race. I offer my congratulations to all who participated in the 72,48,24 hour races and to everyone who contributed to the success of the event.

No comments: