Tuesday, May 26, 2009

World Harmony Run

For the last 2 weeks I have been participating in a global relay run. I started in Slovenia on the day I arrived from New York. The plan was for me to just run on the Slovenian part. However after 1 week and with a shortage of runners needed for the next week, I went on to Italy. I got to see a lot of Slovenia that I had not seen before. I averaged around 10k a day in running, which was pretty good considering that I only had 1 week of recovery from the 6 day race. When we got into Italy it was unusually warm with temperatures in the 90's F ( 30's C ). We visited a lot of schools to spread the message of world harmony. It was good training. sometimes at altitude and I was with a great team of international runners. I am now back in Slovenia and will start training for a race later this summer, though there is a possibility of a 100k race next month. We will have to see about that.

No comments: