Monday, April 6, 2009

Foolish or Wise

After 2 days of not being able to sleep for more than 2 hours at a time and sometimes even less, I finally managed to sleep for about 4 hours in one stretch last night. I finally woke up and was feeling a little weak, my digestion has improved and my eating is still not great. When I weighed myself I discovered that I had lost 7.5 lbs over the weekend. This is probably the reason I am feeling weak.I am gradually getting stronger, I know this will take a few days, but I am glad I have finally reached that point.
Part of me wanted to go out for a run this afternoon, but I just took several short walks and found these were quite tiring. Whatever it was has taken it's toll, but as the old saying goes, " If it doesn't kill, it makes you stronger" and so it will be.
Sometimes when I am sick I have to look at whether I would be foolish or wise to go out and run. Sometimes I take the foolish tack and run anyway and it kinda works out, but today I decided to be wise and not run. I have a race coming up in less than 3 weeks and need to be strong enough to be foolish later. When I look back I will probably say that the loss of weight was a benefit, but I do not recommend that kind of weight loss to anyone. Losing weight through illness is not the way I want to do it.

No comments: