Sunday, February 10, 2008

Good week

I decided to increase my training a little this week, it's nothing fantastic but it all helps. So at the moment I am running 5k a day. On Thursday with the help of my friend Utpal I ran 6 miles almost 10k. Since I usually plan to run the 2 mile race on Saturday morning, I only run an easy 2 miles on Friday.
I woke up on Saturday morning with a bit of a thick head, after waking in the night with a sore throat. So I wasn't too optimistic. I was however quite pleasantly surprised when I ran a time of 15:30, which is my fastest time this year. In the afternoon I went out and ran another 3 miles, though I must admit my legs were a little tired.
And so to Sunday morning.As you can see from the photo we ran out to Shea Stadium, it was pretty much a repeat of last weeks run, but we added a little more by running by the Zoo in Flushing Meadow Park. Running for about 2 1/2 hours. Then of course I topped it off by going out again this afternoon for another 3 miles.
My total for the week was 35 miles, an average of 5 miles a day. Though not spectacular it is a good base for me to build on this early in the year.

No comments: