Sunday, May 11, 2008

Day 5

So I slept for 1 1/2 hours this lunch time and when I got out there the course was pretty active with all the new runners. Most of the talk during the afternoon was of the impending rain that was expected during the night. Everyone seemed to have a different report. I was quite tired at dinner time and was happy to take my sleep break. Coming out before midnight it was still nice and dry, I ran well for about 3 hours and decided to take an hours break, just as I made it into the dorm it started to rain.
When I came out it was a mix of light showers and misty rain, but quite comfortable. The feeling was if it stayed like this it wasn't a big deal. However it just kept going on. At the end of the day I once again had 42 miles for a 5 day total of 232. It was Monday, the weekend was over and the park was quiet again.

No comments: